Cavalry Solutions is a Consulting Services Company dedicated to defending the nation’s critical Operational Technology (OT) infrastructure. Cavalry is recruiting to expand the client-facing professional services team with a focus on assessing and implementing OT networks. The Engineer will support projects designed to review and improve critical infrastructure networks.
As part of Cavalry’s Solutions team, the Engineer works with Cavalry Consultants in support of accomplishing project deliverables. Additionally, the Engineer works with the Engineering Manager and Cavalry Engagement Managers to prioritize and report on assigned tasks.
Specifically, Engineers follow Consultant direction and use Cavalry tools and processes to complete network assessment, and implementation efforts. Additionally, the Engineer works with operational teams to onboard client solutions into Cavalry’s Managed Services Portfolio.
The Engineer uses common network discovery and documentation tools and works with LAN, WAN and Data Center environments. This includes routing, switching, firewalls, VPNs and supporting software such as Cisco ISE.
The Engineer will enhance Cavalry’s reputation by completing project tasks and deliverables on time and on budget.
The purpose for this role is to provide Engineering support to project teams allowing Consultants to be leveraged across multiple clients simultaneously.
Key tasks include:
• Gathering network configurations and analyzing baselines to support Consultant assessments and development of architectures and designs
• Assessing the performance of client networks
• Prepare quotes for hardware and software purchases
• Build and implement approved architecture and design packages
• Configure client equipment to onboard into the Cavalry Managed Services Program
• Work collaboratively within the project team
• Complete Engineering tasks on time and escalate issues and concerns to assigned Engagement Managers
• Assist with escalations for Cavalry’s operations team
• Recommend software, training, tools and other options to improve the individual and team skill set
• 5 years' experience as an engineer, preferably supporting network and security projects
• Familiarity with all layers of networking and security technologies
• Proficient in the first 4 Layers of the OSI model
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Self-starter with the ability to overcome ambiguity and work concurrent project tasks
• Current Cisco CCNP certification or Fortinet NSE6
Technical Skills – Cisco and Fortinet:
• WAN routing solutions
• LAN/WAN platforms
• Cisco ISE and ACS authentication
• Security: Firewall and IDS/IPS platforms
• Customer Focus: Maintain focus on providing customers secure networking solutions with excellent value
• Communication: Effectively communicate with a variety of audiences and tune messages appropriately
• Collaboration: Work effectively as part of a team
• Multitasking: Manage multiple responsibilities concurrently. Prioritize tasks and focus on the current priority while maintaining awareness of other scheduled work
Cavalry prefers the candidate be located in Denver, Co or Houston, Tx. Remote work requires references demonstrating prior success in remote work engagements.
Travel will average 50 – 60 percent based on client requirements. Cavalry works to provide as much travel notice as possible. However, some engagements may require immediate travel.